By Keelen Barlow
The Brownsburg varsity football team will host Hamilton Southeastern in the regular season finale for the Bulldogs.
The program will celebrate Senior Night prior to the matchup.
Brownsburg comes into the matchup with a 6-2 record (5-1 in HCC). Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. from Roark Stadium.
- Brownsburg defeated Noblesville 27-7 in their last matchup
- The win over the Millers was the 300th of Head Coach John Hart's coaching career
- Brownsburg can clinch a share of the 2019 Hoosier Crossroads Conference championship with a win over Hamilton Southeastern AND an Avon loss to Noblesville
- The Bulldogs are looking to finish the regular season with an undefeated record at Roark Stadium for the third consecutive season
- Brownsburg is rated as the No. 2 team in all of Indiana by Jeff Sagarin's Indiana High School Football ratings
- RB Donny Marcus has notched at least 150 rushing yards and one TD in each of the Bulldogs last four games; he has totaled 852 yards over the last four weeks
- Since the start of HCC play, Brownsburg's defense is allowing just 12.16 points per game
- QB Ben Easters has thrown the fewest interceptions among HCC QBs who have amassed least 1000 yards this season
About the Royals:
HSE comes into the matchup with a 4-4 record (3-3 in HCC). They fell to Franklin Central 7-6 last week in HCC action.
The Royals are led by a strong passing attack that is headlined by QB Andrew Hobson. He as accumulated over 1400 yards and 11 TDs this season. Hobson's per-game passing average of 212.1 yards currently leads the HCC.
HSE boasts the WR with the most yards in the HCC this season. Deandre Rhodes has 655 receiving yards to go along with 6 TDs. HCC
Rhodes is averaging the most yards per game of any WR in the conference.
Since the start of HCC play, the Royals' defense has allowed the second-fewest points of any team in the conference.
They are led by MLB Seth Smarelli who has 65 tackles this season.
Since the first season of the Hoosier Crossroads Conference, Brownsburg and Hamilton Southeastern have met 19 times during the regular season. The Royals have an advantage in the series during that stretch by an 11-8 margin.
The Bulldogs have won the last three matchups in the series while outscoring the Royals 80-49.
Last season, in a rainy-regular season finale, Brownsburg defeated HSE 10-9 to cap off an undefeated regular season. Ben Easters found former Bulldog Bryce Kirtz for a 50-yard TD with about two minutes left on the clock to secure the hard-fought win for the Bulldogs.
- No. 1 Avon- 6-0 (8-0)
- No. 4 Brownsburg- 5-1 (6-2)
- No. 9 Fishers- 4-2 (6-2)
- Hamilton Southeastern- 3-3 (4-4)
- Franklin Central- 2-4 (4-4)
- Westfield- 2-4 (4-4)
- Zionsville- 1-5 (3-5)
- Noblesville- 1-5 (1-7)
Week 7 HCC Schedule
- Hamilton Southeastern at No. 4 Brownsburg
- Noblesville at No. 1 Avon
- Westfield at Franklin Central
- Zionsville at No. 9 Fishers
Follow @bhsdogs on Twitter and stay posted to brownsburgathletics.com for updates and information from the matchup.