By Keelen Barlow
The Brownsburg girls' basketball team will host the Carmel Greyhounds at the Varsity Fieldhouse on December 13th. The junior-varsity matchup is set to tipoff at 6 p.m. with varsity to follow.
Brownsburg comes into the matchup with a 7-2 record (2-1 in Hoosier Crossroads Conference).
- Brownsburg defeated Franklin Central 52-42 in their lone matchup of last week
- The Bulldogs are ranked ninth in the ICGSA Class 4A and IBCA Weekly Top 20 polls for this week
- The Bulldogs are slotted at No. 9 in the latest release of Jeff Sagarin's Indiana High School Girls' Basketball Ratings; Brownsburg's schedule is rated as the toughest of any team in the top-ten of the Sagarin's
- Ally Becki hit five three pointers in Brownsburg's win over Franklin Central; that matched her career-high for threes in a game which see set earlier this season against North Central
- Becki posted a 19 point and 12 rebound performance against the Flashes for her second double-double of the season; she has four double-doubles in her Brownsburg career
- Allison Bosse can move into the top-ten of the Brownsburg career scoring list with 14 points against the Greyhounds; Bosse is currently in 11th with 933 career points and trails Kelli Tracy who scored 947 career points
About the Greyhounds
Carmel comes into the matchup on a four-game skid and is 3-6 on the season (0-2 in the Metropolitan Interscholastic Conference. The Greyhounds fell to Westfield 51-48 in their most recent affair.
The Greyhounds are led by sophomore guard Kate Clarke who has reached double figure scoring in all but two of Carmel's games this season. She is averaging 15.1 points per game and is coming off an 18-point performance against the Shamrocks.
Bridget Dunn is the headliner for Carmel down low. The 6'1" junior is nearly averaging a double-double this season with 11.0 ppg and 8.0 rebounds per game.
Clarke is the fourth-leading rebounder in the MIC while Dunn is the fourth-leading rebounder in the conference.
Brownsburg and Carmel have met just five times since the year 2000. The Greyhounds lead the series over that stretch by a 4-1 margin, however the Bulldogs won the most recent meeting.
Last season, Brownsburg defeated Carmel 65-56 to snap a four-game skid against the Greyhounds. Becki, Bosse, Naomi Hege and Mackenzie Stien all scored in double figures in the win.
Follow @bhsdogs on Twitter and stay posted to brownsburgbulldogs.com for updates and information from all 21 Brownsburg High School athletic programs.